Re: NTLK Ethernet on Newton

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 16:10:04 EST

on 20-03-2000 4:40, Ray Demel at raydemel@earthlink.net wrote:

>Does the Newton 2100 come ready for ethernet or does some software from the cd
>that comes with the Newton need to be loaded.

Yes, you'll need the Newton Devices.pkg and the NIE Ethernet Support.pkg.

>I am trying to connect to a home ethernet network that has 3 computers
>networked through a hub and the computers are all running Windows 98.

You're out of luck there, the Newton can only do ethernet with a Mac, you
might consider getting a cheap Mac with ethernet that you incorporate in
your network.

Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!