Re: NTLK Off Topic - Mac Help

From: RobertRuff@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 21:58:51 EST

  MY cousin, got herself Beige G3 266 when they first came out and they have
had so much trouble with it isn't even funny. I feel bad that I even
Recommended Apple to him.
   At first it would display the clock for ever as if some process would not
release the processor for any other use. Finally He got a service guy down
who said he needed to replace a board. It worked well after that for a while
but now it won't run AOL4.0 without hanging up and more recently he has been
telling me that even 3.0 won't work it seems he has to bring it in for
servicing every 2 month to the tune of about $80.00 or so.
  I've got the fealing that this is a documented but not well known problem

   Any ideas?
   TIA

RobertRuff