Re: NTLK Act For Newton

From: Tim Palmer (tcpalmer@netvision.net.il)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 03:56:06 EST

I agree that ACT! is almost unuseable on 120/130s.

Acceptable performance on the MP2x00.. but I've still never really had
it synching very happily with it's desktop parent software.... the field
mapping is stuffed in my experience. I think new entries into ACT! sync
OK but your converted names entries throw it. On the other hand I never
really spent much time trying to tweak it.

I never use it as my Newt contact interface (preferring Address Access)
but it sits in the back of my internal store taking up space just so I
can do an unsuccessful sync... hey why I have I left it there so long?

Tim Palmer
ABC Jerusalem

Keith Isley wrote:

> ACT for Newton is abandonware. I've seen copies floating around on
> various Newton archives, but your best bet (if you want to stay legal)
> is to watch eBay. A copy comes up every so often, and usually goes for
> about $30-$40. KAI P.S. It's VERY slow on a MessagePad 1XX. I ran it
> on my MP130 for a while and it frustrated me to death. It slows
> everything else down, too. Also - it has to be on the internal store,
> which again is a major pain on a MP 1xx, especially if you're doing
> anything Internet.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!