Re[2]: NTLK Need: Quit All app or button?

From: W.Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 19:40:19 EST

Hello,

On Friday, March 24, 2000, 10:43:27 AM, Robert wrote:

RB> on 23-03-2000 8:59, W.Lichtenberger at w_l@gmx.net wrote:

>> Sort of... just go and Find something; as soon as you tap on something found,
>> all apps beside the one of the found document and the backdrop are closed.
>> Someone pointed this out some weeks earlier and would rather have had the apps
>> stay open while finding...
>> So it's rather a side effect.

RB> I read that at the time and wondered if that never happened to me because I
RB> have Quickfind installed, so I just froze it and can still do a search
RB> without the other apps quitting in me, is this a 2.0/2.1 thing ?
RB> (I only have an eMate and a 2100 here, so I can't do a check under 2.0)

I use a german MP2100, and you're right in part...

Once upon a time i thought - same as you - nothing would quit on me.
Comes a fellow Newtonite and points out that apps close after Find.
So i start to believe everything closes except backdrop, find and found doc.
Comes you with "nothing closes" again.
So i experiment with a few combinations ('find something' issued from Avi's
BD's scribble area) and emerge with:

   Notes,
   Works,
   I/O-box,
   Phone calls (at least) _do_ close after(!) tapping on something found.

   Extras,
   Avi's BD,
   Found slip stay open.

Checked with SBM's Tasks applet v2.3.

Leaves me puzzled as to the logic behind this.

regards,
-- W.Lichtenberger mailto:w_l@gmx.net

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!