NTLK Failed Back up? Order of Backup, restore, etc.?

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 02:07:30 EST

Murphy's law: If aint borke...don't try to fix it!!!

I have been desperately trying to get my Names sync with Lotus Organizer,
etc. so I can try to trouble shoot why I can't get my Newton version of Act
to work. ANyway, point is that I am tyring to get my Newton all back uped in
case I really messed things up. So I backed up everything following the
directions that were posted here some months ago about how to move the first
back up out of the folder, etc.

Well, I did all that. But when I restored everything, I was missing several
papers from my Works files, and several Extensions were missing. 90% seemed
to be intact. I guess my names are all there, Notes inside of Notes, etc.
But certain ext. were definately missing, like 3 of StandAlone's titles,
etc.

What does it sound like I did wrong? I am certain it has to do with the fact
that I ahve 2 cards. ALso, when I tried to restore, one of the cards info
landed on top of the other card. I tried a couple of times and the one card
that kept landing on another would not go on the right place.

What am I doing wwrong? Is backing up always such a pain? In the past, I
ahve always just used the card, but I am trying to 1) use the cards for
something else, and 2) trying to back up to something more substantial than
another card that is generally in the same location as my Newton.

Also, after my restore. The need for a password went away?!?!?

Thanks for any feedback!!

Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!