NTLK PROBLEM : eMate to HP Deskjet 340

From: S. Livingston (s.livingston@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 06:54:18 EST

Thnakyou tot hose who helped me a few days ago - the eMate is finally up
and running again! I should add I'm not the IT coordinator in school but
have always supported Apples + products despite a recent ruling that we've
to use PCs. Anyhow next problem out IT coordinator bought 2 HP Dekjet 340s
(or rather they were free through a supermarket token collect for free
computers for schools in the UK) to conect to the eMates. The problem is
they are incredibly slow. The manual claims on IrDA it should take 2 pages
to print per minute well we're lucky to get one page per 5 minutes! I
contacted Hewlett Packard who said a serial cable would work - bought that
to find there's no printer driver for it and HP now say that their lead
does not support Newtons despite originally telling me it was. Does anyone
have fixes that allow a serial connection to be made to the rpinter to
print (ie a software driver) or a fix to sort out the spped of printing on
IrDA? Any advice would be appreciated - especially as we now have a useless
lead on our hands. Thanking you in anticipation again,

Mr. S. Livingston
Elmgrove Primary School
Belfast
http://www.cabletel-schools.org.uk/elmgrove/lead.html