Re: NTLK 2100 memory heaps and storage

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 03:45:57 EDT

on 06-04-2000 4:40, Gavin Hall at gavinhall@hotmail.com wrote:

> You see, I just got a spanking new 2100 and was disappointed when Avi's
> Backdrop reflected something like just 120000 - 170000 K, no matter what I
> did. I tried freezing packages, deleting them and even removed my memory
> flash cards - didn't help.
> But what did help was when I realized that the system software for my 2100
> was not the most updated one ...on upgrading it to the new 710031 version,
> Avi's instantly presented me with around 380000 K !!!!!

Actually, this goes for eMate users with the memory upgrade as well, you'll
need the last system update (737246) to have your extra heap recognized, BTW
it'll also give you much improved battery management (=longer battery life)

Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!