NTLK Newton Tech support from www.nowonder.com

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 21:57:38 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/00 11:25:46 AM, mmarvald1@oh.freei.net writes:

> I found out about your site from a tech from .www.nowonder.com who
>answered a question about pda's and newt and referred me to your site.

I recieved this from a perspective Newt owner....

Does this mean I hit the big time?

The site looks interesting. Anyone ever heard of it?

Keep the Green™
Rich
This Old Newt
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html
The Online Newton Monthly,
Home of the NewtonWebRing, Interviews, Used Price Guide, FAQ, and the Largest
set of active Newton links!

attached mail follows:

Dear Rich,

    I found out about your site from a tech from .www.nowonder.com who
answered a question about pda's and newt and referred me to your site.

I've been considering a PDA but have not been crazy about PALM's stuff
mostly because I am a died in the wool mac loyalist and have been waiting
for apple to come out with their own color PDA.
In the meantime, though, I was reading the Feb edition of MacHome, and on
the last page: ihnatko's article his mentioning of the Newton 2100 caught my
attention. I quote:
                    "I hate Apple because they cancelled the Newton, even
though
                       the Newton 2100 is still the best palmtop you can
buy."

So, since that day, about 6 weeks ago, I have been real curious about this
model. What it looks like, what it does, etc. When it comes to newt's I
know next to nothing. Like I don't know if they recognize handwriting, can
be synched with my imac dv se and if I should still hold out for the
supposed apple pda in the works.

Can you point me to any sites that would at least give me a picture of this
2100. Basically, I'm looking for a machine that would synch with my imac so
I could save data in case of a crash.

I'm looking to store tel # and addresses and use it as an appointment book.
I don't need it for internet or stuff like that. Color would be great, but I
have a feeling newt's don't come with a color "monotor".

thanx for any help

mark

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!