RE: NTLK Re:MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 11:46:29 EDT

>Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 21:53:36 -0400
>From: "Filmer, Paul E" <pfilmer@nsf.gov>
>To: "'newtontalk@planetnewton.com'" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: RE: NTLK Re:MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly
>
>Overlap?? No Gaps??
>
>Maybe one early batch of the NuShields came out short (or our Newts are long
>;-) ), because several of us on the list have about 1mm left over
>lengthwise that is always uncovered... sliding the shield up or down simply
>puts the space at the other end :-o
>
>I simply rub, polish, blow, and fuss a bit more... I still think NuShields
>are essential gear (disclaimer: I don't have a financial interest in the
>company, etc. etc.)
>
> Paul F.

Ok, a bit of history is in order here. When we first started producing
NuShields, we obtained samples of the long lost Barrier from folks on
this list (which we cloned) to work from. Unbeknownst to us, the Barrier
had several incarnations of its own. The original Barrier was 127 mm
long. This lead to the gaps you speak of. We matched the original size
and shape of the Barrier, thinking that this is what folks wanted. After
comments came back that the NuShields were too short, we then realized
that a second "New, Improved" version of the Barrier which was 129 mm
long existed. We remanufactured the steel die to accommodate this
change. All NuShields produced since about the middle of last year have
been this new size. I see from out records that you were an "early
adopter" and you probably have the original size.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!