Re: NTLK NSBasic

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 11:46:25 CDT

jceaser wrote:

> Do you know where this bit is? I should be able to turn it off for the
> duration of the transport. Is it off of getRoot()?
>

> > Indeed, NSBasic is still a supported and sold product, see
> > <http://www.nsbasic.com/>.
> >
> > There is a hidden attribute bit in NOS that tells if a given package can
> > be copied/beamed or not. Many commercial applications come with this bit
> > set, so, as a result, you can't copy them to another store, or beam them
> > to another MessagePad. The only way to go is to re-install from the
> > original disk/package.

I have no idea where it's stored. I thought about the Packages soup, but
I can't find anything conclusive there. You can try to start off from
GetRoot() and see if you can find anything in memory for the packages
you want to move.

BTW, why going into all this hassle when you can easily install from the
packages on your Mac?

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com