Re: [NTLK] Cracked Screen

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 00:04:20 EDT

on 8/1/01 9:08 PM, Christopher Dean at rdeanc_at_cc.curtin.edu.au wrote:

> I have a 120 that was given to me that has a cracked screen. It still powers
> on and I was wondering if it would be possible to replace it's screen with
> one from an original MessagePad as the screens from both have the same
> dimensions?
>
> Has anyone done this or know if it would be possible?

    An OMP screen would not work. You need one from a 110 or another 120.
The 130 screen has different connectors ... at least the one I opened did
when I had thoughts of putting a 120 screen in it to replace a scratched 130
screen.
    I have a dead 120 with a good screen if you're interested. The carcass
is yours for the cost of shipping.

Peter