Re: [NTLK] Beaming

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 07:40:46 EDT

> Sorry to be late. I have the same machines as you are, and sometimes it
will
> help to make a "tunnel".
Welcome to the club! I've attacked the beaming problem in several attempts.
The tunnel thing didn't help at all in my case. Variying the distance makes
sense because bad beaming could also be caused by saturation of the receiver
by to strong light. In my case (MP120 to MP2k1 and vice versa) was no
evidence. Then I tried to freeze some extensions and programs, as e.g.
MoreInfo and beaming became more reliable but not error free at all.
Especially beaming of packages and larger chunks of data remained
problematic so that I use beaming only very seldom if no other means exist.
The beaming protocol has not been sufficiently ruggedized by Apple. Another
task they got rid of by pulling the Newton plug. Debugging of random errors
is much more time consuming then bad crashes.

Marco