Re: [NTLK] Anyone Using EZPresenter from EZShow

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 12:36:06 EDT

Sorry - I should have been more explicit than my shorthand...

The software to convert from PowerPoint to pkg is only available for the PC.
This software came as part of my EZShow purchase.

It is in the form of an Add-In to PowerPoint97 that gives you two extra
options for "Save As..." : EZPresenter Newton and EZPresenter WinCE. The
Newton option gives you a pkg file that you load onto the Newton w/ NCU.

The resulting presentations have a somwhat reduced resolution and color
palette and no animations or special transitions, but they are completely
acceptable given the convenience and wow factor. The visibility of slide
notes on the Newt but not on the projector screen _during_ the presentation
is a BIG plus.

The down side is the lack of a Mac version, so I have to prepare all my
Newton-bound presentations on my PC. I have not figured out how to install
the Add-In on PowerPoint2000 since Microsoft, following long established
tradition, decided to randomly redistribute functions in their menu
architecture. The option shows up. but nothing happens when it is selected.
Sigh.

Another plug for Mike - he is THE NICEST person from whom I have ever bought
something commercially.

Paul F.