[NTLK] A new 2100

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 00:13:36 EDT

Hello all.

My 2100 just arrived, scored a mint one on ebay for $300. I am very
happy with it so far. A few questions though. I backed it up prior to
doing a Brainwipe, cuz the guy had some pretty cool pkgs on it. (NS
Basic for the Newton, for one)

I noticed prior to the wipe that he had other icons normally found in
the extras drawer on the main screen (were you normally find assist,
extras and the others. I did not realize you could change there
location, how was this done?

Also when I turn the backlight on I detect a slight audible hum. Is this
signs of the backlight going out or should I just deal with it?

I am having trouble seeing a picture to use in AVI's . I made one with
NewtonPress, didnt work (you cant see it in the picker) I figured I did
somthing wrong after re-reading Avi's instructions on his page regarding
making the book. I downloaded his Newtonlogo book and I cant see that in
the picker either, what gives?

Greg