[NTLK] Dateman vs ActionNames

From: Steve Lombardi (stevelombardi_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 10:00:14 EDT

Has anyone used both of these and can you please give me a
comparative review? I currently use DateMan, bought it from
StandAlone, and it's OK, but the integration with Notes and Names is
weak, IMHO. I also use HyperNewt to organize my Notes.

I need something to keep track of people, phone calls to people,
notes about those phone calls, ToDos and appointments and rtelated
Notes, etc. For example, I was just on a call and needed to schedule
a ToDo based on that call, which was a new phone number I need to fax
something to (off-Newton) and notes about what needs to be in that
Fax. I could not do this in DateMan without exiting and switching to
Notes. But then I couldn't link that Note to the new ToDo.

I've got a copy of ActionNames, and wonder if that'd be the ticket.
I assume I'd need to uninstall DateMan first?

TIA

--

-- Steve Lombardi http://stevelombardi.com