Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #97

From: Guy Facius (guy_at_facius.net)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 18:27:55 EDT

Can anyone help me with a workaround/fix for addresses and phone numbers ?

I have a 2000U with NOS2.1 and have noticed that where I have a name with
two addresses and delete the first address I can get strange assumptions
made when I try to get the newton to dial telephone numbers.

Specifically, if the remaining address is outside the home country it seems
to be ignored in respect of dialling codes. So a number in Australia, whose
principal and secondary addresses were both there, worked fine until I
deleted the primary address. Now it acts as though the address were in my
home country even though the remaining address is clearly marked australia.

I've fixed this by reinserting a second address which just has australia as
the country and no other fields.

Any ideas ?

Guy