Re: [NTLK] Power was interrupted...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 13:38:32 EDT

On Tuesday, August 7, 2001, at 01:23 PM, zbir_at_urbanape.com wrote:

> Well, I haven't cracked it open yet. I may tonight. However, it seems
> less than random. It's completely reset itself several times in the past
> hour, and every time it's been due to me trying to perform an action -
> set a repeating date, creating a new event, filing a note. Whenever I
> try
> to perform this action - POOF! the unit shuts itself off. When I turn it
> on again, it tells me it was reset because power was interrupted.
>
> Urgh. I'm waiting for an AC adapter to arrive ( I had to purchase one
> separately ), so I can rule out power issues. It seems too tied to
> particular operations to be a bad contact in the battery compartment...

There might be something causing the unit to reboot upon trying to
perform some operations. Whenever it reboots, the Newton should give you
an alert explaining the cause of it. Do you get that error?

BTW, did you do a "hard reset" when you got it? If not, God only knows
what could be running on that 2100...

-Laurent.