Re: [NTLK] Apple's TIL retired

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 14:30:57 EDT

on or about 8/7/01 2:10 PM, the following may or may not have been typed by
Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net:

>>> Honestly, with the static URL based TIL you'd just make a link on your
>>> website that points EXACTLY at the "nxxxxx" article that answers that
>>> specific question.
>
> Uhm, I don't know what you guys are talking about, but this still works
> (for me at least). I go to http://karchive.info.apple.com. I search for
> 'newton'. I get a list of results. I click on the first link, which is:
>
> http://karchive.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=n12784
>
> How is this not static?

So, does that mean the "formula" is to simply substitute 'karchive' for
'til' at the beginning of the URL? I.e., are the article numbers really all
the same? (I'd expect them to be, I mean why would you go back and change
them?)

I guess I was expecting it to be just like the Knowledge Base with that
whole registration and search engine thing.

- Eric.