Re: [NTLK] In other news...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 19:38:27 EDT

The Newton's screen is electrically connected through
a pressure membrane strip. This strip is pressed onto
contacts on the main PC board. Several things can be
happening here.
1) the pressure holding the strip against the contact
is weak
2) the contact between the strip and contact is
corroded
3) the contact on the main MB is broken or has a cold
solder joint

Of course, there may be other problems, but most
likely they will be physical in nature, and depending
on the condition of the flexi-membrane strip, it
should be no real big problem to fix.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- zbir_at_urbanape.com wrote:
> Okay, I've decided I'll play with the 2100 later. On
> to the 120.
>
> Anyone ever experience this fizzing sound while the
> screen fades in and
> out? It seems tied to stylus pressure. Every time I
> write something, the
> screen goes black, then eventually fades back out,
> and gets _really_
> light, then fitzes between dark and light, and if I
> write again, it goes
> black. It seems to have some rust on the screws on
> the back, and has, by
> the looks of it, been dropped a few times :)

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...