Re: [NTLK] Trouble with eMate to iBook connection%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;p05100300b79635392c81@mac.com>

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 22:34:44 EDT

on 01/07/01 22:22, bcantley at bcantley_at_fullerton.edu wrote:

> All I get when I look up "NCU Installer" on UNNA, are references to
> pages that give me coded gibberish when i try to download... please
> forgive the infancy of my computer literacy. Any more suggestions?

Seems like the file "NCU Installer 1.0 For Mac" is somewhat corrupted. It's
missing the file type and the server doesn't seem to inform the browser of
the type of file, as I get the same thing. You might want to try to click on
the link and hold the mouse button down until you get a popup menu with some
options. I don't know which specific browser you're using, but you should
have a choice to save the link to the disk. Do that. Then, try to drag the
resulting file on your disk onto Stuffit Expander and see what happens.
Alternatively, you could download the 3 disk images (.img) and mount them
with DiskCopy that you should have somewhere in your utilities folder. Those
images are documents that represent usually floppy disks. Using DiskCopy,
you can mount those images and makes the Finder believe they are actually
real floppies.

-Laurent.