[NTLK] Re - Docking Cradle questions

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-S3 (Frank.Gruendel_at_de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 04:14:30 EDT

>When I bought my MP130 less than one month ago, not only did it
>revolutionise my life (it's better than having two brains), it came with
>lots of toys. One was a docking cradle. Now, After numerous uses of said
>cradle, I have discovered that if I charge the battery in the Newton, the
>life of the charge is longer than the extra battery that I charge in the
>secondary charger for the extra battery. Is this my imagination???

Not sure I understand this correctly. If it is always the same battery
you charge in the extra slot and always the same you charge in the Newton,
probably the explanation is that one is simply more "worn out" than the
other. If you do swap the two occasionally and the problem persists, it
might be the cradle.

>Next, since I am asking one question, might as well ask this: can I plug
>the Power adapter that plugs into the cradle directly into my MP130?

Yes, no problem.

>Lastly, how often is it necessary to replace the internal "clock" style
>battery?

Hardly ever. It lasts years.

> How will I know it is time to replace it?

The Newton will tell you it's time. But there's no hurry even then.

Frank