Re: [NTLK] Footnote support needed!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 19:24:08 EDT

If you are using the Newton as a read-only device for
reading documents that have footnotes, then convert
the document to HTML and the footnote to a link! Then
when you place the document on your Newt, you can just
use a standard HTML browser to read it...
If you need to create documents with footnotes, then
create the footnotes on a seperate page and make the
edits after you transfer the document back to your
PC...this will help in other ways because it forces
you to proofread your document before you send it to
someone else! (foot notes...how archaic is that
left-over vestige of the paper limited world!
Electronic documents should NOT have
footnotes....ever!)
Ed
web/gadget guru

http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wordsmith_details.html
> which offers all features the newton wordprocessors
> lack
> and that enable the user to exchange documents with
> their PC
> flawlessly.

<snip>

> Hagen Lang

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...