Re: [NTLK] OS X

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 00:49:34 EDT

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Steve Lombardi wrote:

> Anyone know of any existing or pending apps for connecting to a MP2K
> from a Mac running OSX (over AppleTalk)? I assume I could run NCU
> in Classic, or just reboot into OS 9.1 (it's been working great in
> 9.1 from my Airport-equipped iBook 2001 to my Ethernet-enabled Newt).

Apparently, UnixNPI works under OSX to install packages. But as UnixNPI
also only supports serial connections, and OSX apparently doesn't support
serial anymore, I'm not sure how. The guy to ask would be Chayim Kirshen
- he's the one who initially secured the UnixNPI source (yay!) as well as
doing the initial hacking around with it. His e-mail address is
<ckirshen_at_linuxppc.org>