Re: [NTLK] Check out this weird auction

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 07:31:09 EDT

>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1264357897
>
>This strikes me as very odd. It seems like a rip off. What do you think?

This is "Ferdi Ozguner" <fozguner_at_ualberta.ca>, the same guy who has been offering backlight
replacement as a service for $129 US, both here and on the newsgroup.

As a tool for publicity, it's certainly an interesting idea; but I find the concept of essentially
selling what amounts to a referral to your own service on eBay to be somewhat disingenuous
(to say the least). I had been considering having him update my backlight; but after this, I think I'll
pass.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net