Re: [NTLK] ac adapter plugs

From: Schultz, Carl (Carl.Schultz_at_ElPaso.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 11:17:25 EDT

I have been using a Radio Shack AC adapter for almost a year now. It is the
3-12 volt adjustable model. The new model # is 273-1680 ($34.99 list) and is
rated at 1000mA. Mine is the older 800mA model but otherwise is the same.
The adapter came with several different plug ends, none of which was correct
for my MP2000. I had to buy another one, which I don't have the part number
for, but it has a yellow end if that helps (they are all color coded). This
end may now be included with the adapter, since the Radio Shack description
states that 4 of the included ends are "new". Make sure that you install the
connector in the "tip positive" configuration. I've been using mine daily at
work with no problems. At this moment my Newton is reporting that it is
"fastCharging" with a charge current of 897.53. I would guess that the new
1000mA adapter would be even closer to the Apple adapter charge rates. Hope
that helps.

This email and any files transmitted with it from the ElPaso
Corporation are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
sender.