Re: [NTLK] Nokia Phone Card

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 12:57:31 EDT

Hallo Gert,
I had to opportunity to play with a NCP2.0, which was lent to me including
the cell phone or SIM card. I've tried to get SMS working, using
LunaSuite350b, w/o success. However, all other wireless functions (e-mail,
web access, fax send and receive) worked well. Also w/o success were my
trials to use the Newton like a cell phone, but this probably only because I
got the wrong headset. The NCP2 dialled from within Names, the call arrived
at the other phone but there was no voice audible on either end.
> I consider to by a Nokia Phone Card to use with my Newton 2100.
> Does someone have experiences with that GSM card? Does it work?
Concluding I can say: 90% work and the SMS thing will probably work if
another SIM card would be used than I had. It was a sort of two part SIM
card. Two chips with the same phone numbers, but one for voice and the other
for data. I had only the data card for the tests but you could try the NCP2
with your SIM card which is hopefully a all-in-one thing. I'm shure the
dealer will lend you a CP2

Viele Grüsse

Marco Mailand