Re: [NTLK] Here I go again

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 15:48:22 EDT

On Wednesday, August 15, 2001, at 03:12 PM, Thomas Hart wrote:

> When I hit 'send' in the inbox, using the modem rather than ethernet, it
> goes to the correct place so I figure the owner is selected, but I have
> had my Newt for two years now and was not aware that an owner card could
> be active or not. I only have the one I filled in after a brain wipe and
> the default (blank) work site. How do you activate an owner?

Actually, it's not really that an owner card can be active or not. There
is only one active at any given time. When you go to an application,
select a piece of information and then select "Mail" from the routing
popup menu, you get a little panel, where you can choose the email
recipients. At the top left corner, you'll see the name in the active
owner card, above the name of the active worksite. If you tap on one or
the other, you get a popup that is split in two parts: the top part
presents a list of all the owner cards, while the bottom part does the
same for the worksites. Just make sure that you pick the right owner
card there.

Then, when you try to send that email in "In/Out", you will have the
same panel again, and you'll be able to pick the right owner and
worksite. I think you can again change what settings you'll be using by
picking the right owner, as far as the account information is concerned.
The worksite will help you select the default intenet setup that you
defined for it, but you have access to all the internet setups in the
"Using" popup.

A last thing. You mention that it goes to the right thing when using the
modem. How do you select the modem? I would guess you're using a
different internet setup. If that's the case, then double-check the
internet setup that tries to use Ethernet. Make sure that it is set to
DHCP. If using a manual configuration, make sure you add the DNS/Name
Server Address, local IP address, gateway/router address, etc.

Check to make sure you have the right info. If it still doesn't work,
let us know.

-Laurent.