[NTLK] InkSpot Problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 13:01:14 EDT

Any regular InkSpot users on this list? Did you have any problem
recently at downloading articles? I have this weird problem from time to
time with what I think is some kind of funky formatted messages. When
InkSpot gets to one of these messages, it just sits there, not
downloading anymore, even though the download panel is still displayed.
When that happens, I have to stop the download, open up SBM Utilities,
go in the System soup, find the InkSpot entry, scroll to the 'lastRead'
slot, find the group article number in the lastRead array and change the
number of the last read article for that group. DejaVu haven't been
helpful at all. I'm mostly downloading Newton and Macintosh related
groups. The problem can turn nasty if the cluprit message is a spam
posted to all groups and a real pain if a few of them end up in multiple
groups, like what apparently happened yesterday. I've got 2 of those
messages in each newsgroup I download, so I have to repeat the manual
process for each of them, which is really time consuming, specially when
I get ready to go to work.

So, if you're using InkSpot, and did download messages from
comp.sys.newton.misc yesterday or the day before, and didn't have any
problem, I'd like to hear about your configuration, specially, but not
limited to your "Article Downloading" settings, and whether you're using
any killfile.

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.