Re: [NTLK] OS X

From: Tom Spielman (tomspielman_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 17:05:00 EDT

For a serial connection, Windows could well be more convenient. With OS
X, not only do you have to run NCU under classic in OS X, but you'll
most likely need a USB->serial adapter.

For ethernet, the inconvenience of running classic might well be
outweighed by the speed advantage. I often ran into problems getting
backups to complete successfully with serial connections, it was hardly
ever a problem over ethernet. Ethernet is not an option with NCU for
Windows.

It's a mixed bag.

Who knows? NCU might well be replaced with something better on both
platforms.