Re: [NTLK] eMate memory

From: Samuel Jacobson (sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 13:58:03 EDT

Dear Stephanie,

  While I am in no way in the position to be capable to soldering new
DRAM/FlashRAM chips onto my eMate's motherboard I would also be most
interested to find out if this works.

  I have also been wondering if it might be possible to swap the current 25
MHz ARM 710a RISC processor with something that gives the system more
performance and speed, along with the increased RAM. Yet I do not know if
the architecture of the motherboard would allow for a quicker processor,
such as the 162 MHz StrongARM SA-110 RISC processor used in the later
MessagePads.

  I have the feeling that my "hopes" of upgrading the eMate 300 is not
possible, and would actually require a "new" PDA/Laptop design. Yet I would
like to keep and use the eMate 300 for a long time to come if possible, and
the increased speed and performance would sure go a long way towards that.

Always,

Sam