Re: [NTLK] A Messagepad for my wife! But which one?!%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;4120018120153723170@earthlink.net>

From: Tom Wilkinson (thenortherner_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 18:28:19 EDT

I would recommend the Newton MP120 with OS2.0. There were a bunch going on
ebay for $50. Here's the url (and I have nothing to do with the seller):
http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1266750160
I recommend the 120 because it's inexpensive, but with the 2.0 operating
system, functions much better than the MP100 or MP110. I recommend it over
the 2X00 series because A) price and B) the 2X00 has a larger form factor
and definitely is not as compact, albeit they're great machines.
The 120 has no backlight, but it will let your wife try out the Newton
operating system at a reasonable price, and like someone else said, if she
doesn't use it, you're out $50, as opposed to $250 or $500. Also, the
contrast on the 120 is very sharp and you can use it in just about anything
short of a dark room with no lights on.
Just make sure if you get the 120 that it has the 2.0 operating system and
not the 1.3 operating system.
Good luck.
Tom