Re: [NTLK] AW: sorry about this but... if I got a palm, are there ANY decent HWRapps for it?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 04:51:22 EDT

> [Johannes Wolf] you expect much to much from such little Palm toy...
Yesterday I had a look on a friends iPaq, a WinCE device which is large than
the Palm toy but has, at least in the PocketWord the possibility of
Newton-like HWR. I played only a few minutes with it but was deeply
impressed with the recognition accuracy for both, german and english HWR.
There's no pull-down menu to select the correct word so you have to erase
the written word and re-write it. And there is also a WinCE Graffitti
recognition and a normal on-screen kbd which make the whole thing looking
quite professional with its metal case and ruggedized (hard glass like)
screen. It is perfectly integrated into the Windoze-Office-world and Office
documents are understood w/o conversion but there's no connectivity with
Macintoshes, as I understood.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing