Re: [NTLK] My first Newton (finally!)

From: Anthony Randazzo (SupahCoolX_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 12:25:05 EDT

on 8/22/01 7:18 AM, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:

>> Palm Desktop will sync with your notes on your Newton via NCU, if that is
>> what you meant.
> ... w/o any drawing or ink text, of course. Those one can export from Newton
> to e.g. Word in the RTF or even Word-format on a Mac.

I guess I'll clarify. What I want to do is write notes on my Newt (like
during class). Then, I want to sync the Newt with my Mac using NCU and Palm
Desktop (I have the directions from www.palmonmac.com). Then, I want to be
able to read those notes somehow on my Mac, either in Palm Desktop or in
SimpleText or Appleworks. That way, I'd have a usable backup if the Newt
gets lost/stolen/broken. Also, I'd be able to search by content with
Sherlock, format the docs, edit them, print them easily, etc. from the
iBook. I don't have MS Word, and what's this "RTF" thing? Thanks again.
You guys and gals are great!
Anthony Randazzo
SupahCoolX_at_mac.com