[NTLK] Backdrop buttons

From: Paul Grothaus (pgrothaus_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 21:37:03 EDT

Two quick questions regarding backdrop buttons. I've noticed on the NPDS
screenshots of some Newton web servers that some folks don't have the
standard and ridiculously large "rotate" button. How did you replace/remove
this? I've got too many buttons to fit when Notes is open and would like to
replace the rotate with something smaller.

Second, I use the Newton Underground backdrop (NUdrop) because I love the
tabs feature for organizing my extras drawer. I also have the "Styles +"
button from Adam Tow. This button only appears in the backdrop application
but is most useful in Notes for formatting text. If I open Styles+ first,
then open Notes, and then select Prefs (from the i-button in Styles+), there
is a check box labeled "Install button in backdrop app". If I uncheck and
then check this box and close prefs and Styles+, the button appears in Notes
and not in NUdrop. This is exactly what I want except that it reverts to
NUdrop upon a crash or reset of the Newt. Is there any way to permanently
assign the button to Notes?? Even more basic, how does one assign a button
to a chosen application?

Aloha,

Paul Grothaus
Mililani, Hawaii