Re: [NTLK] (no subject)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 02:42:43 EDT

on 8/23/01 6:22 AM, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> First of all, I must apologise if any of you have read this before.
> I have sent it in twice and haven't seen it in the digest, let alone
> any response to it.
> Whenever I remove my Apple 2 Meg flash card, my Newton waits a moment
> and then restarts, telling me that a system error caused the system
> to restart. Then it shows four of the packages on the card as if
> crossed out. But after I close the window with the card info on it,
> these disappear. I don't have this problem with my Dell Crosswords
> card (which is write-protected, of course). What is wrong with my
> card?

When you remove the card, do you get a message that a package needs the
card, and asking you to re-insert the card? If so, do you do so? I can't
imagine what could be causing such an error. I swap a 2 and 4 meg card
regularly, and have never seen this. Could you give the names of the
packages? I suppose it's possible that they are not expecting to be on the
card. Which model of Newton? Which OS?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams