Re: [NTLK] Problem with my only writable flash card

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 04:59:53 EDT

on 22-08-2001 4:34, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Whenever I remove my 2 Meg Apple flash card, my Newton waits a moment
> and then restarts, telling me that a system error caused the system
> to restart. Then it shows four of the packages on the card as if
> crossed out. But after I close the window with the card info on it,
> these disappear. I don't have this problem with my Dell Crosswords
> card (write protected). Can anyone help me with this?

Try once to hit the reset button and remove the card after.
Always done it this way and never had a problem.
Foolproof because the Newton doesn't have to unmount anything, it just
doesn't see anything yet, and it's pretty fast too because your Newt only
has to remount the internal store.

Robert Benschop