Re: [NTLK] Newton and Pocket PC (Was Living with Palm and Newton)

From: sbeesley_at_smartchat.net.au
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 23:07:23 EDT

>>>On 22/08/2001 Bill Davis wrote:

The "original" Paragraph/Calligrapher Newton HWR engine is available,
slightly updated, for PocketPC machines. I'd stay away from those
pieces of junk, though. 3 tries and they're still out. For good
reason.

Well I guess it is time that I come clean with the list and admit that for the last few months I have been in the grip of Pocket PC mania. Courtesy of my employee I have managed to get my hands on a HP Jornada 545 with Stowaway Keyboard. I already had a Pretc CF modem and have a 32 meg CF card for storage.

So far I have been very happy with the combination (and find Calligrapher pretty comparable to the Newton experience). It seems to me that a lot of people on this list see the Palm OS as the natural succesor to the Newton but, at the risk of starting a religious war, I would be happy to give some feedback on my Pocket PC experiences if anyone on the list is interested.

Stephen Beesley

BTW: I must say that while I find that I am using the Pocket PC most of the time rather than my Newt - I have to get a Newt fix every now and then!