[NTLK] OMP Flash Card Problems

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 06:51:03 EDT

I'm having a problem with my sister's OMP. When I bought it there was no
blanking plate for the flash card slot. So, I just left the Getting Started
Card which came with the unit in. However, I recently got a memory card for
her but when I try to swap the cards I get the message: Newton still nedds
the card you removed ... When I thentake it back out the Newton stalls.
After rebooting with no card inserted it doesn't ask for it and you can use
it without a card as soon as you try to insert the new card you get the same
message again. It's running 1.05 and the card works in my 2000. Any
thoughts?

Michael

"To see tomorrow's PC, look at today's Macintosh."
           - Byte Magazine, October 1995.

"It would not be an exaggeration to describe the history of
the computer industry for the past decade as a massive
effort to keep up with Apple."
           - Byte Magazine, December 1994.