Re: [NTLK] Best and easiest way to capture SCREENSHOTS?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 13:45:53 EDT

> From: Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net>
>
>> Here's the question:
>> What is the best way and the simplest way to capture screenshots?
>
> Depends on your Newton.
> Personally, I have NPDS running everytime when my Mac is turned on.
> So the easiest way is to use GIF Server 1.1. I get nice screen shots
> in .gif format (with poor compression, though, I have no licence from
> Unisys). But NPDS does only run on MP130 and higher (it should run on
> MP120's) and actually, MP130/MP120 don't have Ethernet.

so NPDS has some code to export current screen?
if so, could you point me toward the source -- thx.

I'm in process of porting a Java VNC client to Waba.
(it compiles; now for some painful testing)
if I can get this working (and it's speedy enough to be interesting),
I might then port a simple VNC server. initially, that would probably just
export the screen of its own app, but ideally it would export entire Newton
screen (and of course be controllable by remote system).

Steve