Re: [NTLK] eMate screen question.

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 20:43:52 EDT

On 8/26/01, Josh mac.com quoth:
>This happened on a couple of the eMates that I used to take care of. The
>ribbon cable connecting the touch screen to the logic board has been pinched
>or punctured by the spring on the display that allows it to be rotated.
>This happens with age it seems, and the only fix is to send it to Apple.
>$60 though, not too shabby.

Interesting. Something that doesn't fall under the $180 flat fee...

Did you just call the support number and ask for this repair, or do
you still think they do this?

I am most interested, because up to now I have only heard of the $180
for any repair service. I'll probably call tomorrow and see what I
can find out.

thanks for the pointer.

later,

--