Re: [NTLK] eMate screen question.

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 12:49:46 EDT

On 8/27/01, Zachery Bir quoth:
>I think Josh was commenting on the price the eMate owner paid for it, not
>the supposed price of repairing the cable, so $60 + $180 would still be a
>pretty sweet deal for an eMate.

Ahhh, it becomes clear(er).

I'm not sure I want to sink another $180 into my newton collection.
I do have a house, car and dog to tend to, too.

Any chance this cable is a standard part? I'm not much of a propeller
head, but I can swap cables with the best of 'em.

Also on the topic, is anyone running NPDS on an eMate? Any reactions
to stability, speed, etc. The eventual fate of this cheap-o, half
dead freak of Apple is to sit and serve files, thus allowing me to
use my good emate and still carry around my U2000 and still manage to
show off that I can run a web server off of a Newton. (Thanks paul
and others!)

later,

--
ben.