Re: [NTLK] Newton Battery holders @ OWC...

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 13:59:10 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 8/27/01 1:52 PM, the entity known as J. van de
Griek at gyorpb_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> On 2001-08-27 18:46, "Thomas Cherry" <jceaser_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, August 27, 2001, at 10:38 AM, Eric L. Strobel wrote:
>>
>>> Just saw on DealMac that Other World Computing was having a 'garage
>>> sale.'
>>> And behold! look what's down near the bottom of the page...
>>>
>>> "Battery Holder, 4AAA Newton MessagePad 110 quantity 9 available!"
>>>
>>> The garage sale URL is:
>>> http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=510&Title=&Template=
>>>
>>> So, if you need one, there you go.
>>
>> Will this holder work with the OMP?
>
> My guess is, yes. In fact, I don't think it'll work as advertised, since the
> MP110 (like the 120 and 130), doesn't use a battery holder, only the OMP,
> MP100 and MP2x00 do.
>
> And the OMP/MP100 are the only models to use AAA batteries.
>
> ,xtG
> ..tsooJ

I think what they mean are the little snap-shut cases that one uses to hold
extra batteries in?? Maybe?? (And perhaps the AAA is a stutter and they
meant AA?) I don't know -- I don't need one of these regardless. Just
thought I'd let the community know. If anyone is even mildly interested,
perhaps a clarification phone call to OWC is in order.

- Eric.