Re: [NTLK] PDF

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 06:17:42 EDT

> From: David Nett <troilus1_at_yahoo.com>

> Any chance of a real PDF viewer for Newt? No? I
> thought not. Any chance of a PeanutPress,
> EBookman, PalmDoc, or Microsoft Reader viewers?

most of these are proprietary/undocumented formats.
(PDF would be quite difficult to support directly, given file and screen
size and font issues)

however, if you look in the FAQ ;-)

  http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/FAQ/newton-faq-books.html#VIA4

4) Can I read PilotDOC books on the Newton?

With Steve Weyer's PilotDOC plugin for Newt's Cape, you can read PilotDOC
books. Please see http://www.kagi.com/weyer/#PilotDoc for more details.

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com