[NTLK] [FAQ] PrintPack cable specs

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 01:59:04 EDT

Hi Folks,

When I saw this message from Laurent, I copied it to my special box
for FAQ updates:

>Do we have the specs of the printer cable that works with the PrintPack 2?
>
>I checked the FAQ and couldn't find it. It'd be a nice addition to the
>hardware section.

However, I'm not able to find the information neither.
All I have is:

>IIB8) What kind of printer can I use?
>
>You can use any driver that appears in the list when you select
>"Choose Other Printer" from the print dialog. The printer should be
>linked by a serial cable. You can use other printers with a
>serial/parallel adapter and the PrintPack 2.0 from Apple. You can
>also use other printers with specific drivers. You can also print
>using a PC and Newton PC-Print by Alexander Kunzer:
>A.Kuenzer_at_bkr-software.de
>
>The HP Deskjet 340CBi is battery powered and has a newton-compatible
>IR adapter.

Anyone could add details concerning the PrintPack adapter? Or it's
just a serial/parallel adapter and I have nothing to add?
(BTW, if you send me details before tonight, Paris time, it will
probably be in the September update).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/