Re: [NTLK] NTK1.6.4 MacOS9.1 memory problems

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 10:53:05 EDT

>> Twice 20 MB, it refuses to open (the watch turns indefinitely), so I
>> killed it with ExitToShell.
>The same in my case. What is ExitToShell? Do you mean Ctrl-Alt-Power, the
>Mac Ctrl-Alt-Del-version?

Just FYI, and I'm fairly sure this isn't what Paul meant, but:

On any MAcOS version I've tried (7,8,9.x), depending on how badly a program
is locked up, you can (attempt) to kill just that one process/task/whatever
the correct term is via:
 cmd-option-shift-escape.

Sometimes this exits the errant app nicely, sometimes you still need to do
a real restart of the CPU.