Re: [NTLK] PDF

From: Laurent Domenech (laurent_at_opalis.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 11:07:32 EDT

>Granted, these options are a little tedious. If you're lazy, like me, you
>probably would rather just import the PDF whole hog into your Newton. But
>given that a great number of PDF files are really, really fat -- containing
>all the fonts, graphics, and color separation information to maintain
>document fidelity, together with the memory constraints of most Newtons,
>these two options would have obvious advantages over a PDF viewer for the
>Newton.

Thanks for these details Chris.

Do you think then that I'd rather create a PDF to NewtonBook utility?

I totally agree with Chris on all points, my idea being to provide the
simplest and quickest solution. I think that if there's more than one or two
steps involved, then it's not worth it.

Now, the size of the PDF files is a major factor for deciding on a solution.
Do all users have additional storage cards to store the files they want to
read?

Regards,
Laurent