Re: [NTLK] [OT] Unlock code for NewtFTP ?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 10:25:51 EST

>On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 01:49, Mark Rollins wrote:

>That's pretty cool to know, but in typical MacOS fashion, that
>apparently requires having a proprietary Hotline or Carracho client to
>access the proprietary servers that use proprietary protocols that are
>reinventions of existing ones.

- yes, is it a proprietary (not www anyway) "hotline" client needed
- nothing macOS specific about hotline, I find it likely that hotline was
out for Windows first, since that's the way the world usually works.

The company that created Hotline went away, IIRC, a few months ago, but you
can find a couple mac of clients, and many windows clients/servers, freely
available.

The universe is as marginalized as you let it become for you.... :)

I also would not be surprised if you are unable to host hacks and similar
stuff, even for the Newton, for very long on httpd. Experiment if you
wish! I suggest using a host you don't care about losing.