Re: [NTLK] Unlock code for NewtFTP ?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 14:56:00 EST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Unlock code for NewtFTP ?
From: R Pickett <emerson_at_hayseed.net>
>> Search on http://www.tracker-tracker.com/ for "Newton", file type
>> Macintosh - it's about a 10 MB file called "newtonhacks.sit.hqx"

(note: following excerpt's rant mode was turned up to '11')
>That's pretty cool to know, but in typical MacOS fashion, that
>apparently requires having a proprietary Hotline or Carracho client to
--snip--

***sigh***
CNET > Downloads > Windows > Internet > File Sharing > Hotline Connect
Client:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-3291790-100-6374465.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.6374465

from description "Minimum requirements:Windows 95/98/NT/2000/Me, 10MB RAM"

with over "1,682,919 downloads" I guess... well, I'll let everyone else
fill in this snappy comeback.

I'd also suggest that the contents NOT be de-binhexed and de-stuffed and
instelled - on UNNA, for example - due to copyright restrictions on some
of the individual parts.

--

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com