Re: [NTLK] Griffen iMate and newton does it work?

From: Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 09:28:45 EST

I think a good solution would be a thin plate that uses the mounting bosses
on the botton of the newt. you could incorporate a slimline USB connector
into it. I was thinking about mounting my dongle to a 1/16 piece of delrin
and permanently fastening it to the bottom the newt to help eliminate the
stress on the I/C port.

--
Michael Guzzo
http://home.att.net/~michael.guzzo/newton/newton.html

-- original message -- > > Ah, now the *real* trick would be to replace the dongle with a >USB-but-really-serial port to allow for direct USB connection. :) Sort >of a reverse USB->serial, stashed in the case itself. > > Anyone? (I doubt there's enough room in there, but I thought I'd >throw it out there... the serial connection would still be the same >internally, so no changes would have to be made software wise to the >Newt. It would just move the USB->serial converter inside for one less >dongle.)