[NTLK] More printing questions...

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 17:59:49 EST

I own a LaserWriter IIg that I use as my main printer from
Linux, but I've never connected my uMP2000 to it before...
Well, today a light bulb appeared over my head when I found
myself needing to print a document on my newt, and I gave
the direct connection a shot. Here is what I experienced:

1) My LWIIg is connected to my home network over Ethertalk.
I have a 3Com ethernet card in my newt, so I tried that
first. It seems to start printing, but then I get an abort
window containing only the text "Printer problem."

2) I then tried to cable between the LWIIg's AppleTalk port
and the newt's interconnect port. The newt does find the
printer on the network that way, too, but I get the same
result in the end.

Only one application -- Names -- is able to print. The rest
all give me "Printer problem."

What else do I need to make this configuration work? The
printer works great and I print to it from Linux every day
using Netatalk. I checked unna but couldn't find any
additional drivers for LaserWriters or anything like that.
Help?

Thanks in advance, everybody!

-Aron